Update on 2 issues

From
Colin Beckingham
Date:
I previously reported a couple of odd screen issues:

1. editing a multiple line SQL statement in the pgadmin SQL editor
resulted in text disappearing from the edit window that could be
recovered by sliding the horizontal slider back and forward

2. editing a field in a large table would lose its place in the viewport

I have just updated my kernel to 3.4 and both of these issues seem to
have disappeared. FYI.
--
---
Colin Beckingham

Re: Update on 2 issues

From
Guillaume Lelarge
Date:
On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 13:59 -0400, Colin Beckingham wrote:
> I previously reported a couple of odd screen issues:
>
> 1. editing a multiple line SQL statement in the pgadmin SQL editor
> resulted in text disappearing from the edit window that could be
> recovered by sliding the horizontal slider back and forward
>
> 2. editing a field in a large table would lose its place in the viewport
>
> I have just updated my kernel to 3.4 and both of these issues seem to
> have disappeared. FYI.

Thanks for the information. I would find this really strange that it
fixed your issue.

FYI, I'm on 3.3, and I have the first issue, and not the second.

I really don't think that it fixes your issues. Maybe it just made them
less frequent?

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

Re: Update on 2 issues

From
Colin Beckingham

On 05/29/2012 05:52 PM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 13:59 -0400, Colin Beckingham wrote:
>> I previously reported a couple of odd screen issues:
>>
>> 1. editing a multiple line SQL statement in the pgadmin SQL editor
>> resulted in text disappearing from the edit window that could be
>> recovered by sliding the horizontal slider back and forward
>>
>> 2. editing a field in a large table would lose its place in the viewport
>>
>> I have just updated my kernel to 3.4 and both of these issues seem to
>> have disappeared. FYI.
>
> Thanks for the information. I would find this really strange that it
> fixed your issue.
>
> FYI, I'm on 3.3, and I have the first issue, and not the second.
>
> I really don't think that it fixes your issues. Maybe it just made them
> less frequent?

I think you are right. Since installing 3.4 kernel I have done quite a
bit of work with multi-line SQL statements, but looking back over them I
find that few had parentheses buried in them. But I have seen the
problem again under 3.4, just very rarely. And I cannot now produce the
error on demand reliably the way I could under 3.3. I just tried for 15
minutes and failed! So my intuitive guess is that you are right, it can
still happen, but very much less frequently.

I've also done quite a lot of record/field adjustment in my long, long
table and I have yet to see the jumping around in the viewport. So I'm a
bit more confident that this issue has been helped, but I don't know why
that would be. If I see it again I will report back.

--
---
Colin Beckingham