Re: Update on 2 issues - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Colin Beckingham
Subject Re: Update on 2 issues
Date
List pgadmin-support

On 05/29/2012 05:52 PM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 13:59 -0400, Colin Beckingham wrote:
>> I previously reported a couple of odd screen issues:
>>
>> 1. editing a multiple line SQL statement in the pgadmin SQL editor
>> resulted in text disappearing from the edit window that could be
>> recovered by sliding the horizontal slider back and forward
>>
>> 2. editing a field in a large table would lose its place in the viewport
>>
>> I have just updated my kernel to 3.4 and both of these issues seem to
>> have disappeared. FYI.
>
> Thanks for the information. I would find this really strange that it
> fixed your issue.
>
> FYI, I'm on 3.3, and I have the first issue, and not the second.
>
> I really don't think that it fixes your issues. Maybe it just made them
> less frequent?

I think you are right. Since installing 3.4 kernel I have done quite a
bit of work with multi-line SQL statements, but looking back over them I
find that few had parentheses buried in them. But I have seen the
problem again under 3.4, just very rarely. And I cannot now produce the
error on demand reliably the way I could under 3.3. I just tried for 15
minutes and failed! So my intuitive guess is that you are right, it can
still happen, but very much less frequently.

I've also done quite a lot of record/field adjustment in my long, long
table and I have yet to see the jumping around in the viewport. So I'm a
bit more confident that this issue has been helped, but I don't know why
that would be. If I see it again I will report back.

--
---
Colin Beckingham