Feature request: in table view

From
Raymond O'Donnell
Date:
Hi all,

I find it really useful that, when you open a query window and enter a
select statement, null values show up explicitly as <NULL>.

However, you don't get this when opening a window ("View data...")
directly onto a table or a view, and it would be particularly useful
here. I'm currently rehabilitating an old database with lots of null
values across 90+ columns in one table alone, and trying to track them
down is a pain - hence this post. :-)

Would this be at all do-able?

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: Feature request: in table view

From
Guillaume Lelarge
Date:
Le 09/02/2010 22:06, Raymond O'Donnell a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I find it really useful that, when you open a query window and enter a
> select statement, null values show up explicitly as <NULL>.
>
> However, you don't get this when opening a window ("View data...")
> directly onto a table or a view, and it would be particularly useful
> here. I'm currently rehabilitating an old database with lots of null
> values across 90+ columns in one table alone, and trying to track them
> down is a pain - hence this post. :-)
>
> Would this be at all do-able?

Everything is do-able. The main problem is that it would require a major
work on the frmEditData form, something I'm quite sure we won't be able
to do for next release.

I added a ticket for this request: http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/137

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com

Date:
On 13/02/2010 13:03, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:

> Everything is do-able. The main problem is that it would require a major
> work on the frmEditData form, something I'm quite sure we won't be able
> to do for next release.

Fair enough. I had a feeling this might be the case, but thought it was
worth asking anyway. :-)

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: Feature request: in table view

From
Quan Zongliang
Date:
On 2010-2-13 21:03, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Le 09/02/2010 22:06, Raymond O'Donnell a écrit :
>
> Everything is do-able. The main problem is that it would require a major
> work on the frmEditData form, something I'm quite sure we won't be able
> to do for next release.
>
> I added a ticket for this request:
>    http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/137

The import window is using <NULL> <DEFAULT> with blue color to
display system value. All of window should have uniform aspect.
I will change import window after you think out how to display them in
frmEditData.