Re: Feature request: in table view - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Feature request: in table view
Date
Re: Feature request: in table view  (Quan Zongliang <quanzongliang@gmail.com>)
List pgadmin-support
Le 09/02/2010 22:06, Raymond O'Donnell a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I find it really useful that, when you open a query window and enter a
> select statement, null values show up explicitly as <NULL>.
>
> However, you don't get this when opening a window ("View data...")
> directly onto a table or a view, and it would be particularly useful
> here. I'm currently rehabilitating an old database with lots of null
> values across 90+ columns in one table alone, and trying to track them
> down is a pain - hence this post. :-)
>
> Would this be at all do-able?

Everything is do-able. The main problem is that it would require a major
work on the frmEditData form, something I'm quite sure we won't be able
to do for next release.

I added a ticket for this request: http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/137

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com