multiselect bug in edit grid on win32

From
Kevin Field
Date:
Hi,

I'm running 1.8.1 rev 6948 on Windows 2003 Standard.

If you go to an edit grid, click a row, and then shift-click another
row, the standard behaviour on Windows (and in Firefox on other
platforms, etc.) is to select the first row you click and second row you
click and everything in between them.  In pgAdmin instead it selects the
first row you click by itself, plus everything from the first row in the
entire grid through to the second row you clicked, inclusive.

This is by using the row headers to select rows.  A workaround is to
click the leftmost column of one row and shift-click the rightmost
column of another row, this works as it should (and as the above case
should too, I think.)

Thanks,
Kev

Re: multiselect bug in edit grid on win32

From
Kevin Field
Date:
> click and everything in between them.  In pgAdmin instead it selects the
> first row you click by itself, plus everything from the first row in the
> entire grid through to the second row you clicked, inclusive.

Actually this isn't quite accurate, it happened to be true the few times
I tried because I hadn't moved the grid cursor around.  It actually
selects everything from the cursor's row through to the second row you
clicked, inclusive.  I think the correct behaviour would come about if
only the cursor would move when you click a row's number rather than a
particular column.

Kev

Re: multiselect bug in edit grid on win32

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
On 21/01/2008, Kevin Field <kev@brantaero.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running 1.8.1 rev 6948 on Windows 2003 Standard.
>
> If you go to an edit grid, click a row, and then shift-click another
> row, the standard behaviour on Windows (and in Firefox on other
> platforms, etc.) is to select the first row you click and second row you
> click and everything in between them.  In pgAdmin instead it selects the
> first row you click by itself, plus everything from the first row in the
> entire grid through to the second row you clicked, inclusive.
>
> This is by using the row headers to select rows.  A workaround is to
> click the leftmost column of one row and shift-click the rightmost
> column of another row, this works as it should (and as the above case
> should too, I think.)

Unfortunately thats down to the way the wxWidgets seperates the
concept of the selected cell (which has a thick border) and selected
regions (which are usually coloured blue). When you do a shift-select,
it does it from the selected *cell* to the position you click.

I don't believe there much we can do about that, except perhaps to
programatically move the selected cell to any row as it's selected. I
suspect that might have some odd side effects though.

Regards, Dave