Re: Error 1069: The service did not start due to a logon failure.

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
Please keep messages on list.

service- I should be able to logon?

They use the same password to logon to the database server, but pgAgent run as a service  and must authenticate as a
*windows*user as well. That is what is failing.

Regards, Dave

pgagent standalone ?

From
"Jonathan"
Date:
Hello
Can someone tell me if it is possible to install only pgagent standalone ?
thank you for your help and time

Jonathan

>> Since I have used the postgres userid password for all three
>> applications, then why am I not able to start the service - I should be
>> able to logon?
>
> They use the same password to logon to the database server, but pgAgent
> run as a service  and must authenticate as a *windows* user as well. That
> is what is failing.
>
> Regards, Dave

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Re: Error 1069: The service did not start due to a logon failure.

From
Dave Page
Date:
As I said before, please keep your replies on the mailing list. I don't
provide private support (unless you wish to purchase a support contract) .

Tommy Flewwelling wrote:
> David,

I assume you mean Dave?

> I don’t mean to pester you but possibly you could tell me how pgAgent is
> authenticated to run as a *windows* user as well?
>
> I have administrator rights, if that’s what you’re referring to.

All services run as either LocalSystem or some other user account under
which the service control manager starts them. If you open the Services
applet from Control Panel\Administrative Tools, and look at the
properties for the pgAgent service you will see it has a username and
password to run under. That is the one that is wrong and must be corrected.

Regards, Dave.