How to use arrow keys to move to other row in grid editing

From
"Andrus"
Date:
I edit data in pgAdmin edit grid in Windows XP

To change single column in many rows, I use 3 keys after making change to
move next column:

tab
down arrow
left arrow

this is VERY inconvenient.

How to change wxGrid or pgAdmin so that down arrow moves to same column in
next row during cell editing ?

It seems that wxWidgets cell editor does'nt let to use arrow keys for grid
navigation.

Andrus.

Re: How to use arrow keys to move to other row

From
Miha Radej
Date:
Hello!

I would like to second this request.

Would it be possible/useful perhaps to implement an OOo Calc/Excel -
like option to define which cell is activated after pressing <enter>
perhaps: above, below, left or right of the current one? IMO it would be
very convenient to sometimes edit from the ground up and after editing a
cell and pressing <enter>, the cell above the currently altered one
could be highlighted...

Regards,
Miha

Date:
> Would it be possible/useful perhaps to implement an OOo Calc/Excel - like
> option to define which cell is activated after pressing <enter> perhaps:
> above, below, left or right of the current one? IMO it would be very
> convenient to sometimes edit from the ground up and after editing a cell
> and pressing <enter>, the cell above the currently altered one could be
> highlighted...

There is no urgent need for this if up/down arrow works.
Then

tab moves to next column
shift+tab moves to previous column
up arrow moves line up
down arrow moves line down

Btw. I use news server. How to subscribe this list without receiving e-mail
like in Postgres mailing lists.
I tried subscribe-nomessage but this fails.

Andrus.

Re: How to use arrow keys to move to other row

From
Andreas Pflug
Andrus wrote:
> I edit data in pgAdmin edit grid in Windows XP
>
> To change single column in many rows, I use 3 keys after making change to
> move next column:
>
> tab
> down arrow
> left arrow
>
> this is VERY inconvenient.

This is exactly the stuff a base control should deliver, i.e. wxGrid. It
does so unsatisfactory, and probably will never do better, which is one
reason why I'd like to get rid of this control (and not just me: most
developers who once touched that piece of sh^H^Hcode).

Regards,
Andreas