Pgadmin 1.4.1 and autoindex generation from FK constraint.

From
Mario Splivalo
Date:
When I create a new table (right click on tables -> new table), and add
FK constraints, I have checked the box which says 'create and index too
for me, please', no index is created.

However, if I, on existing (or newly created) table, right click on
'constraints', and say 'add new FK', the same 'form' opens. I add the
FK, check the 'do a index, please', and when I'm done PgAdmin created
the constraint and the index for me.

I guess this is a small bug, but it is rather annoying.

If this is not a right place for reporting bugs, please shoot me in the
leg, and point me to the right direction.

Thank you in advance.
Mario
--
"I can do it quick, I can do it cheap, I can do it well. Pick any two."

Mario Splivalo
msplival@jagor.srce.hr

Re: Pgadmin 1.4.1 and autoindex generation from

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Mario Splivalo wrote:
> When I create a new table (right click on tables -> new table), and add
> FK constraints, I have checked the box which says 'create and index too
> for me, please', no index is created.
>
> However, if I, on existing (or newly created) table, right click on
> 'constraints', and say 'add new FK', the same 'form' opens. I add the
> FK, check the 'do a index, please', and when I'm done PgAdmin created
> the constraint and the index for me.
>
> I guess this is a small bug, but it is rather annoying.

Right, this is a bug. Unfortunately, in terms of fixing it is *not*
small. Will take a while to implement.

> If this is not a right place for reporting bugs, please shoot me in the
> leg, and point me to the right direction.

We usually don't shoot. We flame  :-)

Regards,
Andreas