pgadmin3 and Fedora Core 4

From
Matthew Keene
Date:
I wonder if there are any RPM's available yet for
pgadmin3 1.2.2 and Fedora Core 4 ?  There doesn't seem
to be any fedora directories under the FTP server.  I
tried installing the RPM that I found under the suse
directory but it failed with dependencies on
libcrypto.so.0.9.7 and libssl.0.9.7.  FC4 comes with
openssl0.9.7f rather than 0.9.7 so this dependency
cannot be satisfied.  The Fedora Core extras
repository contains an RPM for 1.0.2 but this is
incompatible with the 8.0.3 postgresql version they
installed with FC4 (doh !).

Any suggestions ?  I tried building from source, but I
don't appear to have the postgresql header files.

As you can probably tell, I'm new to Linux, so please
forgive my cluelessness.

Re: pgadmin3 and Fedora Core 4

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
Hi Devrim,

I didn't realise there were no RH RPMs for 1.2.2 yet - any chance you
could build some please?

Regards, Dave.

Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:
Hi,

I should have built them already :(

[devrim@devrim ~]$ cat /etc/fedora-release
Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz)
[devrim@devrim ~]$ ll /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/pgadmin3.spec
-rw-r--r--  1 devrim devrim 2287 Jun 16 17:25
/usr/src/redhat/SPECS/pgadmin3.spec

The spec, etc is ready but I could not find time to recompile Wx stuff. I
also need them for myself heh heh.

Regards,

--
Devrim GUNDUZ
http://www.tdmsoft.com.tr                      http://www.gunduz.org

Date:

Re: pgadmin3 and Fedora Core 4

From
Matthew Keene

> Ok, the package is ready, both for FC 4 and RHEL 3.
> However, please give
> me one more day. I'm building wx RPMs also, that
> will help people a lot,
> and I will also be able to build RPMs for many more
> platforms...

No problems, it's not critically urgent.  BTW, did you
know that there were already wx RPM's available in the
FC extras repository (and on rpmfind.net) ?

Try Yahoo! Photomail Beta: Send up to 300 photos in one email!
http://au.photomail.mail.yahoo.com

Date:

Re: pgadmin3 and Fedora Core 4

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Matthew Keene wrote:
>
>> BTW, did you know that there were already wx RPM's available in the
>> FC extras repository (and on rpmfind.net) ?
>

> Heh no :-( I need to look at the spec file of that -- PgAdmin needs
> contrib/stc to be installed also (and ogl, for 1.2.3).

No, 1.2.x doesn't need ogl, only 1.3 up.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: pgadmin3 and Fedora Core 4

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:
Hi,

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Andreas Pflug wrote:

>> Heh no :-( I need to look at the spec file of that -- PgAdmin needs
>> contrib/stc to be installed also (and ogl, for 1.2.3).
>
> No, 1.2.x doesn't need ogl, only 1.3 up.

It does/did. Check Dave's latest commit ... :)
--

Date:
Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Andreas Pflug wrote:
>

>>> Heh no :-( I need to look at the spec file of that -- PgAdmin needs
>>> contrib/stc to be installed also (and ogl, for 1.2.3).
>>

>> No, 1.2.x doesn't need ogl, only 1.3 up.
>

> It does/did. Check Dave's latest commit ... :)

That's a bug. OGL is used by the 1.3 planner graphic only.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: pgadmin3 and Fedora Core 4

From