Crash when editing data

From
"Jonathan Mezach"
Date:
style="font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Verdana">I’m running pgAdmin III 1.01 on Windows XP and I’ve successfully created a database on my
style="font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Verdana">That went all fine. But now I’m trying to put some data into my database and it suddenly
style="font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Verdana">deleting a row from a table. pgAdmin III just disappears, no trace of it left (not even a
style="font-size:
face="Verdana"size="2"><span lang="EN-GB" style="font-size:
style="font-size:
lang="EN-GB"style="font-size:
style="font-size:

Re: Crash when editing data

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Jonathan Mezach wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I’m running pgAdmin III 1.01 on Windows XP and I’ve successfully
> created a database on my PostgreSQL 7.3.2 server.
>
> That went all fine. But now I’m trying to put some data into my
> database and it suddenly crashes when adding or
>
> deleting a row from a table. pgAdmin III just disappears, no trace of
> it left (not even a process hanging around or
>
> something). More people with this problem?
>
> Greetings,
>
> Jonathan Mezach

Windows processes dying silently are a pita.
Could you try full debug logging? Maybe we're lucky.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Crash when editing data

From
"Jonathan Mezach"
Date:
Right, well, I've created a log file with full debug logging and attached
it to this mail. I don't really see anything out of the ordinary.

Date:
Jonathan Mezach wrote:

>Right, well, I've created a log file with full debug logging and attached
>it to this mail. I don't really see anything out of the ordinary.

Nor do I. This must be some wx internal exit, because pgAdmin3::OnExit
cleanup routine is called correctly (saving the settings).
Could you try the 1.1 snapshot? If this exits too, without further
notice, we'll have to try it with a debug version.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Crash when editing data

From
"Jonathan Mezach"
Date:
Okay, I've downloaded the most recent (and largest) snapshot from the site
and extracted the files in the directory I had pgAdmin III installed and
overwrote all the files. Now when I edit data I get an error from Windows,
as follows:

AppName: pgadmin3.exe     AppVer: 1.1.0.0     ModName: pgadmin3.exe
ModVer: 1.1.0.0     Offset: 0002a498

Seems like it's crashing hard somewhere. Not sure where though.

Date:
Jonathan Mezach wrote:

>Okay, I've downloaded the most recent (and largest) snapshot from the site
>and extracted the files in the directory I had pgAdmin III installed and
>overwrote all the files. Now when I edit data I get an error from Windows,
>as follows:
>
>AppName: pgadmin3.exe     AppVer: 1.1.0.0     ModName: pgadmin3.exe
>ModVer: 1.1.0.0     Offset: 0002a498

OK, I'll make a new snapshot tonite, and I'll send you a debug version
to your personal account. Hopefully Dr. Watson can tell a bit more then.
Is your mailbox limit big enough? AFAIR the debug exe is 13MB
uncompressed, might be some 5MB compressed.

Regards,
Andreas