Problem saving query files

From
Együd Csaba
Date:
Hi All,
I have a problem saving queries to the disk. It destroys the whole file and
saves something binary like stuff to the disk. Opening a saved query it
shows only the first character in the editor. (I attached a previously saved
query file for an example.)

(PGAdminIII version: 1.1.0 Devel; on WinXP Prof.)

Other problem: The background of pagecontrols isn't refreshed. Not too
imortant but it may reveal other problems.

Should anybody suggest me something?

-- Együd Csaba

Re: Problem saving query files

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Együd Csaba wrote:

>Hi All,
>I have a problem saving queries to the disk. It destroys the whole file and
>saves something binary like stuff to the disk. Opening a saved query it
>shows only the first character in the editor. (I attached a previously saved
>query file for an example.)

I hoped to have fixed this already for all cases...
The attached file is saved as UTF-16, but the BOM mark is missing and
thus interpreted as ANSI or UTF-8 falsely. I'll have to look at it again.

>(PGAdminIII version: 1.1.0 Devel; on WinXP Prof.)
>

>Other problem: The background of pagecontrols isn't refreshed. Not too
>imortant but it may reveal other problems.

Never observed this, can you give a detailed description how you
provoked that?

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Problem saving query files

From
Együd Csaba
Date:
Hi Andreas,

> >Other problem: The background of pagecontrols isn't
> refreshed. Not too
> >imortant but it may reveal other problems.
> Never observed this, can you give a detailed description how you
> provoked that?

Nothing special. Simply pressing the Alt-tab to switch to an other app, and
then return to PGAdmin. The pagecontrols background - i mean the area at the
top of the control, where the tabears are placed (see attached image) - is
not refreshed. Maybe it is a bug of XP, but I haven't realized such things
yet.

Thank you for your interest.

Best Regards,
-- Csaba

Re: Problem saving query files

From
"Hiroshi Saito"
Date:
Dear Együd Csaba.

Probably, This problem does the origin in the compilation option of wxWindows.
Is it binary-snapshots which we provide that you are using?

regards,
Hiroshi Saito

From: "Együd Csaba" <csegyud@vnet.hu>

> Hi Andreas,
>
> > >Other problem: The background of pagecontrols isn't
> > refreshed. Not too
> > >imortant but it may reveal other problems.
> > Never observed this, can you give a detailed description how you
> > provoked that?
>
> Nothing special. Simply pressing the Alt-tab to switch to an other app, and
> then return to PGAdmin. The pagecontrols background - i mean the area at the
> top of the control, where the tabears are placed (see attached image) - is
> not refreshed. Maybe it is a bug of XP, but I haven't realized such things
> yet.
>
> Thank you for your interest.
>
> Best Regards,
> -- Csaba

Re: Problem saving query files

From
Együd Csaba
Date:
Hi Hiroshi,
yes I've downloaded it in win32 binary format (pgadmin3-20031031-Win32.zip).

-- Csaba

From: "Együd Csaba" <csegyud@vnet.hu>

> Hi Hiroshi,
> yes I've downloaded it in win32 binary format (pgadmin3-20031031-Win32.zip).

Oh,Sorry.
This problem was thought to solve it completely by the thing which I had before.
Possibly, it may not have been solved.:-(
I confirm it again, too
Please wait a little.:-)

regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: Problem saving query files

From
"Hiroshi Saito"
Date:
Hi Együd Csaba.

This problem could be confirmed again.

Windows-XP And Windows-2003
It is reproduced together and clearly.
However,
Windows-2000 is no problem.

regards,
Hiroshi Saito

From: "Hiroshi Saito" <saito@inetrt.skcapi.co.jp>

> From: "Együd Csaba" <csegyud@vnet.hu>
>
> > Hi Hiroshi,
> > yes I've downloaded it in win32 binary format (pgadmin3-20031031-Win32.zip).
>
> Oh,Sorry.
> This problem was thought to solve it completely by the thing which I had before.
> Possibly, it may not have been solved.:-(
> I confirm it again, too
> Please wait a little.:-)
>
> regards,
> Hiroshi Saito

Re: Problem saving query files

From
Együd Csaba
Date:
OK,
no problem. :o)

-- Csaba

Date:
Hi Dave.
Andreas,too.

I forgot this problem foolishly.:-(
It was certainly put up before.
Add it to Bugs.txt.
Or, could you solve it? --> Andreas.

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

From: "Hiroshi Saito" <saito@inetrt.skcapi.co.jp>

> Hi Együd Csaba.
>
> This problem could be confirmed again.
>
> Windows-XP And Windows-2003
> It is reproduced together and clearly.
> However,
> Windows-2000 is no problem.
>
> regards,
> Hiroshi Saito
>
> From: "Hiroshi Saito" <saito@inetrt.skcapi.co.jp>
>
> > From: "Együd Csaba" <csegyud@vnet.hu>
> >
> > > Hi Hiroshi,
> > > yes I've downloaded it in win32 binary format (pgadmin3-20031031-Win32.zip).
> >
> > Oh,Sorry.
> > This problem was thought to solve it completely by the thing which I had before.
> > Possibly, it may not have been solved.:-(
> > I confirm it again, too
> > Please wait a little.:-)
> >
> > regards,
> > Hiroshi Saito

Re: Problem saving query files

From
"Dave Page"

Added to bugs...

Regards, Dave.

Re: Problem saving query files

From
"Hiroshi Saito"
Date:
Hi Dave.

I have one solution seen though it doesn't become the solution of the root.
As for it, it is definite to be a ComCtl32 problem with Windows-XP.
I noticed what was ignored though it was defined with Main with wxNB_BOTTOM so far.
However,
#define wxUSE_UXTHEME 0
It didn't become ineffective.??
I can't be done though it thinks that it should run away by this establishment though originally there is bug.
This is a screen on XP after it was applied.
http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/comctl32_patch_After.jpg
It clears a problem perfectly.

Any comment?
---> Andreas, too.