How do you start 'library deficient' postgres on Solaris

From
"Brent Howard"
Date:
Hi,

I am trying to start postgres from the command line on Solaris 8.  I rebooted my server and now all i get when i try to
startpostgres is an error.  I listed the error below.

Is there a way to get postgres to read/reference the libraries correctly?  How do i fix this problem, without
rebuildingpostgres?

$> su - postgres

bash-2.03$ cd /usr/local/pgsql/bin

bash-2.03$ ./postmaster
    ld.so.1: ./postmaster: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6: symbol
__register_frame_info:referenced symbol not found
    Killed

bash-2.03$

Thanks, B~

ps.  If i must rebuild postgres, can i rebuild easily without losing my data?

Re: How do you start 'library deficient' postgres

From
Sven Köhler
Date:
> bash-2.03$ ./postmaster
>     ld.so.1: ./postmaster: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6: symbol
__register_frame_info:referenced symbol not found
>     Killed

It seems, you should update libcrypto (i think it's openssl) and/or
recompile postgresql.

by recompiling postgresql you won't loose your data, couse it is stores
in the PGDATA-directory (as long as you dont delete it of course).

BTW: this is the wrong list.