How do you start 'library deficient' postgres on Solaris - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Brent Howard
Subject How do you start 'library deficient' postgres on Solaris
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi,

I am trying to start postgres from the command line on Solaris 8.  I rebooted my server and now all i get when i try to
startpostgres is an error.  I listed the error below.

Is there a way to get postgres to read/reference the libraries correctly?  How do i fix this problem, without
rebuildingpostgres?

$> su - postgres

bash-2.03$ cd /usr/local/pgsql/bin

bash-2.03$ ./postmaster
    ld.so.1: ./postmaster: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6: symbol
__register_frame_info:referenced symbol not found
    Killed

bash-2.03$

Thanks, B~

ps.  If i must rebuild postgres, can i rebuild easily without losing my data?