pgAdmin IV: Unittests-drop objects functionality

From
Navnath Gadakh
Date:
Hi Dave,
     Please find the patch for drop objects functionality for test framework.
Now, test framework is able to drop all objects(like server, database, schema, etc.) which are created during test suite execution. Code included in the patch is only for server and database node. If everything goes fine will send next patch with the remaining nodes in a single patch.

The following files are also affected by the new changes:
web/setup.py
web/config.py
regression/test_advanced_config.json.in

To run the test suite follow the commands
1. python runtionregress/ests.py --pkg browser.server_groups.servers
2. python regression/runtests.yp --pkg browser.server_groups.servers.databases

Note: Please do not run test suite for all nodes (python regression/runtests.py) as code modifications have not been done yet.

Thanks.

Navnath Gadakh
Software Engineer
EnterpriseDB Corporation
Mobile: +91 9975389878

Attachment

Re: pgAdmin IV: Unittests-drop objects functionality

From
Dave Page
Date:
Hi

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 3:39 PM, Navnath Gadakh
<navnath.gadakh@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>      Please find the patch for drop objects functionality for test
> framework.
> Now, test framework is able to drop all objects(like server, database,
> schema, etc.) which are created during test suite execution. Code included
> in the patch is only for server and database node. If everything goes fine
> will send next patch with the remaining nodes in a single patch.
>
> The following files are also affected by the new changes:
> web/setup.py,
> web/config.py,
> regression/test_advanced_config.json.in
>

> To run the test suite follow the commands
> 1. python runtionregress/ests.py --pkg browser.server_groups.servers
> 2. python regression/runtests.yp --pkg
> browser.server_groups.servers.databases
>

> Note: Please do not run test suite for all nodes (python
> regression/runtests.py) as code modifications have not been done yet.

I'm happy with this in general, except the changes in setup.py

- Let's use the names PGADMIN_SETUP_EMAIL and PGADMIN_SETUP_PASSWORD
for the envvars.

- Why are you setting the username and password in the environment
after prompting the user for them? I can't see why you're doing that,
and it's almost certainly a security issue.

--
Dave Page
VP, Chief Architect, Tools & Installers

Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

Re: pgAdmin IV: Unittests-drop objects functionality

From
Navnath Gadakh
Date:
Hi Dave,

Please find the revised patch with suggested modifications.

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 5:25 PM, Dave Page <dave.page@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 3:39 PM, Navnath Gadakh
<navnath.gadakh@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>      Please find the patch for drop objects functionality for test
> framework.
> Now, test framework is able to drop all objects(like server, database,
> schema, etc.) which are created during test suite execution. Code included
> in the patch is only for server and database node. If everything goes fine
> will send next patch with the remaining nodes in a single patch.
>
> The following files are also affected by the new changes:
> web/setup.py,
> web/config.py,
> regression/test_advanced_config.json.in
>

> To run the test suite follow the commands
> 1. python runtionregress/ests.py --pkg browser.server_groups.servers
> 2. python regression/runtests.yp --pkg
> browser.server_groups.servers.databases
>

> Note: Please do not run test suite for all nodes (python
> regression/runtests.py) as code modifications have not been done yet.

I'm happy with this in general, except the changes in setup.py

- Let's use the names PGADMIN_SETUP_EMAIL and PGADMIN_SETUP_PASSWORD
for the envvars.
Sure.

- Why are you setting the username and password in the environment
after prompting the user for them? I can't see why you're doing that,
and it's almost certainly a security issue.
I was trying some different logic, by mistake that code remains, removed that code in the attached patch.

--
Dave Page
VP, Chief Architect, Tools & Installers
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

Navnath Gadakh
Software Engineer
EnterpriseDB Corporation
Mobile: +91 9975389878

Attachment

Re: pgAdmin IV: Unittests-drop objects functionality

From
Dave Page
Date:
Cool - thanks, committed!

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 2:57 PM, Navnath Gadakh