Re: pgAdmin IV: Unittests-drop objects functionality - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgAdmin IV: Unittests-drop objects functionality
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 3:39 PM, Navnath Gadakh
<navnath.gadakh@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>      Please find the patch for drop objects functionality for test
> framework.
> Now, test framework is able to drop all objects(like server, database,
> schema, etc.) which are created during test suite execution. Code included
> in the patch is only for server and database node. If everything goes fine
> will send next patch with the remaining nodes in a single patch.
>
> The following files are also affected by the new changes:
> web/setup.py,
> web/config.py,
> regression/test_advanced_config.json.in
>

> To run the test suite follow the commands
> 1. python runtionregress/ests.py --pkg browser.server_groups.servers
> 2. python regression/runtests.yp --pkg
> browser.server_groups.servers.databases
>

> Note: Please do not run test suite for all nodes (python
> regression/runtests.py) as code modifications have not been done yet.

I'm happy with this in general, except the changes in setup.py

- Let's use the names PGADMIN_SETUP_EMAIL and PGADMIN_SETUP_PASSWORD
for the envvars.

- Why are you setting the username and password in the environment
after prompting the user for them? I can't see why you're doing that,
and it's almost certainly a security issue.

--
Dave Page
VP, Chief Architect, Tools & Installers

Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com