about new module to software

From
"ivo nascimento"
Date:
Hello,
the develop team was work in some module like a graphic query editor?
If ok, i like to work at this and dont know for who a send a mail.
can we help me.
thanks.

--
Ivo Nascimento - Iann
-------------------------------------

Re: about new module to software

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 3:00 PM, ivo nascimento <iannsp@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> the develop team was work in some module like a graphic query editor?
> If ok, i like to work at this and dont know for who a send a mail.
> can we help me.

This is the correct place to email. We have a graphical query builder
now (it'll be in the next release) - was there any particular feature
you wanted to work on?

--
Dave Page

Re: about new module to software

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
[Please keep messages on-list]

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 6:17 PM, ivo nascimento <iannsp@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't have any prefered feature but I will like to help the development of
> it.
> You have some suggestion?
> Anyway,
> I'm start looking the trunk of project to find some to work but I hope you
> can give a direction if you can.

Well anything you start now is likely to be for the release after next
- we're just starting to wrap up development for the next version now.
The downside of that is that if you work on any major features, you're
not likely to see them in a formal release for 12 months or so. The
upside is that you have 12 months or so to work on a major feature :-)

The TODO list is at http://www.pgadmin.org/development/todo.php - but
be sure to discuss any item you choose to work on here first. Some may
already be in progress, and others may need to be done in specific
ways to fit in with other work. A couple of suggestions though, from
the View Data tool:

- Rewrite the grid cell text editor to use wxStyledTextCtrl rather than a
  wxTextCtrl. This avoids the need to use the RichEdit control on Windows, thus
  eliminating problems with hyperlink formatting creeping into pasted data, as
  well as the extra line ends that get appended to RTF text.

- Write a custom grid cell editor for use with Enum columns. When editing such
  a column, the user should be presented with a combobox containing the enum
  values to choose from.

- Write a custom grid cell display for use with binary columns. The
cell type should
  be able to look at and attempt to recognise certain multimedia data
types and offer
  options to view/hear them and to select a replacement file. For
example, if a JPEG
  header is detected, the user could be offered the ability to view
the image, or replace
  it with an alternate file.

--
Dave Page

Re: about new module to software

From
"ivo nascimento"
Date:
sorry about the mail out of the list.

2009/1/12 Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>
[Please keep messages on-list]

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 6:17 PM, ivo nascimento <iannsp@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't have any prefered feature but I will like to help the development of
> it.
> You have some suggestion?
> Anyway,
> I'm start looking the trunk of project to find some to work but I hope you
> can give a direction if you can.

Well anything you start now is likely to be for the release after next
- we're just starting to wrap up development for the next version now.
The downside of that is that if you work on any major features, you're
not likely to see them in a formal release for 12 months or so. The
upside is that you have 12 months or so to work on a major feature :-)

I enjoy the idea have 12 months to do the work. :)

The TODO list is at http://www.pgadmin.org/development/todo.php - but
be sure to discuss any item you choose to work on here first. Some may
already be in progress, and others may need to be done in specific
ways to fit in with other work. A couple of suggestions though, from
the View Data tool:
I'm  right now looking at TODO list.

[...]

EnterpriseDB UK:   http://www.enterprisedb.com

Thanks for help me.
I will look at TODO and when start the work with some item I post here at list.

--
Ivo Nascimento - Iann
-------------------------------------

Re: about new module to software

From
Quan Zongliang
Date:
> - Write a custom grid cell editor for use with Enum columns. When editing such
>   a column, the user should be presented with a combobox containing the enum
>   values to choose from.

new class had been defined with import module:

class pgGridCellChioceEditor : public wxGridCellChoiceEditor
{
public:
    void Clear() { m_choices.Empty(); }
    void SetItems(const wxArrayString& items) { m_choices = items; }
    int Append(const wxString& item) { m_choices.Add(item); return m_choices.Count()-1; }
};

It's really simple, just for easy to be operated.
I did yesterday, without test.

Quan Zongliang
quanzongliang@gmail.com
CIT Japan:  http://www.cit.co.jp
CIT China:  http://www.citbj.com.cn

Date:
On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 6:03 AM, Quan Zongliang <quanzongliang@gmail.com> wrote:
>> - Write a custom grid cell editor for use with Enum columns. When editing such
>>   a column, the user should be presented with a combobox containing the enum
>>   values to choose from.
>
> new class had been defined with import module:
>
> class pgGridCellChioceEditor : public wxGridCellChoiceEditor
> {
> public:
>    void Clear() { m_choices.Empty(); }
>    void SetItems(const wxArrayString& items) { m_choices = items; }
>    int Append(const wxString& item) { m_choices.Add(item); return m_choices.Count()-1; }
> };
>
> It's really simple, just for easy to be operated.
> I did yesterday, without test.

Yeah - I don't think that one is too difficult. There's more to it
than you've shown of course - there's code to populate the lists and
to setup the columns to use them for example.

--
Dave Page

Date:
> Yeah - I don't think that one is too difficult. There's more to it
> than you've shown of course - there's code to populate the lists and
> to setup the columns to use them for example.

I mean we should reduce redundant code, reuse existed code as possible.
The hackers should cooperate when working on that functions with similar components.

Date:
On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 1:22 AM, Quan Zongliang <quanzongliang@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yeah - I don't think that one is too difficult. There's more to it
>> than you've shown of course - there's code to populate the lists and
>> to setup the columns to use them for example.
>
> I mean we should reduce redundant code, reuse existed code as possible.
> The hackers should cooperate when working on that functions with similar components.

Oh, of course. I certainly agree with that.

--
Dave Page