The desirable position of installation path arrangement of SUSE.

From
"Hiroshi Saito"
Date:
Hi.

Preparation of SUSE-10 package creation by Ishikawa-san with me.
However, we worry about installation path arrangement of a package...

The plan was considered as follows.

/usr/local/bin/
                   pgadmin3
                   pgagent
/usr/local/share/
                   pgadmin/i18n

but, As for this, pgadmin3 cannot find a share files.
Can someone suggest a proper installation path?

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: The desirable position of installation path

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:
Hi Hiroshi-san,

On Tue, 2006-10-10 at 17:20 +0900, Hiroshi Saito wrote:
> Can someone suggest a proper installation path?

Please use RPM macros while building SuSE package. I'm not sure but it
may be %{_bindir} (which is /usr/bin), %{_datadir}/pgadmin3 (which
is /usr/share/pgadmin3), etc.

/usr/local dir is **not** for RPM packages; please do not use that
directory.

See you.

Re: The desirable position of installation path arrangement of SUSE.

From
"Dave Page"

Can you set DATA_DIR when you run configure? That should do the trick. If not, the paths are calculated in
$SRC/src/base/appbase.cpp- you can see there how it figures out where things are.

SUSE is an RPM based distro though isn't it? Please use/modify the existing redhat spec file if possible rather than
creatinga new one.

Regards Dave.

Date:
> Hi Hiroshi-san,

Hi Devrim-san.:-)

> Please use RPM macros while building SuSE package. I'm not sure but it
> may be %{_bindir} (which is /usr/bin), %{_datadir}/pgadmin3 (which
> is /usr/share/pgadmin3), etc.
>
> /usr/local dir is **not** for RPM packages; please do not use thatdirectory.

Ooops, I was just going to do injustice..!
Is it as follows?
/usr/bin/pgadmin3
..
/usr/share/pgadmin3/i18n

Could pgadmin3 find i18n directory then?

> See you.
My time spent with you was very pleasant.:-)

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: The desirable position of installation path arrangement of SUSE.

From
"Hiroshi Saito"
Date:
Hi Dave.

> Can you set DATA_DIR when you run configure? That should do the trick. If not, the paths are calculated in
> $SRC/src/base/appbase.cpp - > you can see there how it figures out where things are.
>
> SUSE is an RPM based distro though isn't it? Please use/modify the existing redhat spec file if possible rather than
> creating a new one.

Oh, Thanks!!
It seems that it helps us.:-)
We want to provide for RC phase at least.!

Thanks!!

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito