Patch: "View top" for editgrid

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
Hi!

This patch adds a "view top 100" to the view menu. It's easy to add more
if we want to, I figured that was a good start (or should it be higher?)
I also put it at the top, because doing "view all" can certainly kill
your server ;-) I left the toolbar button, but maybe that should be
changed as well?

Also, I moved the view data (now) submenu higher up ni the context menu
and tools menu. It's something you'd do a lot more often than for
example "new object", IMHO.

The xrc edit may need to be fixed. It looked like crap for a while (the
validate button being half outside the dialog), but suddently it started
to look better without me changing anything in that file that I could
notice ;-) Suffice to say, I'm not really on good terms with those flex
grids etc. So if someone can look at that, please :)

//Magnus

Attachment

Re: Patch: "View top" for editgrid

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
Per some comments from Dave on IM, updated version:

* First one was broken and didn't apply ;-)
* The menu still said "top 10 rows", from my testing. It's supposed to
be 100, it is now.
* Dave also suggested to store a history somewhere so it re-appears in
the dropdown and as default on the menu. Let's consider that for future
improvement though, and please consider this patch without it for now.

//Magnus

Date:
.. and once more, with the patch included. Three's a charm?

//mha

"Dave Page"

OK, I've committed a somewhat modified version of this that puts the
limit combo box in the EditGrid toolbar, rather than scrunching it on
the bottom of the Filter panel which didn't seem the right place
(limiting is definitely not the same as filtering).

Thanks, Dave.