RC1 gets crashed.

From
Satoshi Nagayasu
Date:
Hi all,

I'm trying to test RC1 on Windows2000 SP4(JP).

When I attempted to launch the Query window,
pgAdminIII got crashed (always).

Is this going to be fixed in the production release?

Any comments or suggestions?

Saito-san, do you have any information about this?
--
NAGAYASU Satoshi <nagayasus@nttdata.co.jp>

Re: RC1 gets crashed.

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Satoshi Nagayasu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to test RC1 on Windows2000 SP4(JP).
>
> When I attempted to launch the Query window,
> pgAdminIII got crashed (always).

I don't see this from svn. Is the package broken?

Regards,
Andreas

Re: RC1 gets crashed.

From
Satoshi Nagayasu
Date:
I've downloaded RC1 package several times (in my office and home),
and I always get 'Memory Access Violation'.
And I also got same crash in the previous beta package.

So I think the package is not broken.

Screenshot (with Japanese messages):
http://snaga.org/pgadmin_crash.jpg

Now I think this crash is caused by Japanese
Windows, or my (broken?) windows environment.

How can I solve this?

--

Date:
Satoshi Nagayasu wrote:
> I've downloaded RC1 package several times (in my office and home),
> and I always get 'Memory Access Violation'.
> And I also got same crash in the previous beta package.
>
> So I think the package is not broken.
>
> Screenshot (with Japanese messages):
> http://snaga.org/pgadmin_crash.jpg
>
> Now I think this crash is caused by Japanese
> Windows, or my (broken?) windows environment.

There's no known issue on Windows-JP, I hope Hiroshi can help. The only
Japanese environment I have is non-win32 (Zaurus :-)

Regards,
Andrdas

Re: RC1 gets crashed.

From
Satoshi Nagayasu
Date:
Andreas Pflug wrote:
 > There's no known issue on Windows-JP, I hope Hiroshi can help. The only
 > Japanese environment I have is non-win32 (Zaurus :-)

I've got two more reports about crashing on Windows2000
from two other Japanese users.

So I believe that it is a Japanese Windows specific issue.

Any binary with debug symbols available?
Or should I build own binary to debug this?

--

Date:
Satoshi Nagayasu wrote:

> Any binary with debug symbols available?

I uploaded one to snapshots/win32.
Dave, do you still have some older snapshots, to narrow the problem?

Regards,
Andreas

Re: RC1 gets crashed.

From