Just to inform sucessful compilation

From
"Diego A. Gil"
Date:
Hi,

This is just to inform that I compiled pgadmin3 (cvs checkout) in Fedora
Core 2 and Slackware 10

Fedora Core 2
-------------
Toshiba A25-S207 notebook
postgresql 7.4.2
wxWidgets 2.5.3

Slackware 10
------------
AMD DURON clone PC
postgresql 8.0 beta3
wxWidgets 2.5.3

wxWidgets was from www.wxwidgets.org.
(ftp://biolpc22.york.ac.uk/pub/2.5.3/wxAll-2.5.3.tar.gz)

To install wxWidgets 2.5.3 from wxAll-2.5.3.tar.gz is needed another
file, an patch released 10-12-04 with a missing file.
(ftp://biolpc22.york.ac.uk/pub/2.5.3/wxWidgets-2.5.3-Patch02.tar.gz)

When installing postgresql 8.0 beta3 use --with-openssl during
configuration or pgadmin3 will fail to compile. (at least in slackware).
It seems that pgadmin3 loads and runs A LOT FASTER on my notebook. Is
there any known reason for that ?.

Thanks,

Diego.

Re: Just to inform sucessful compilation

From
"Dave Page"

Excellent - thanks for letting us know.

> To install wxWidgets 2.5.3 from wxAll-2.5.3.tar.gz is needed
> another file, an patch released 10-12-04 with a missing file.
> (ftp://biolpc22.york.ac.uk/pub/2.5.3/wxWidgets-2.5.3-Patch02.tar.gz)

Odd - I didn't need that on developer.pgadmin.org (Slackware 9.1)

> When installing postgresql 8.0 beta3 use --with-openssl
> during configuration or pgadmin3 will fail to compile. (at
> least in slackware).

Doesn't overly surprise me to be honest. All our builds are SSL enabled
these days.

> It seems that pgadmin3 loads and runs A LOT FASTER on my
> notebook. Is there any known reason for that ?.

What are the respective processors/memory?

Regards, Dave

Re: [pgadmin-support] Just to inform sucessful

From
"Diego A. Gil"
Date:
> > It seems that pgadmin3 loads and runs A LOT FASTER on my
> > notebook. Is there any known reason for that ?.
>
> What are the respective processors/memory?

I mean : a lot faster than previous version (post beta2) in the same
notebook. Loading "post beta2" in my notebook (P4 2.66 ghz with 512 MB
RAM) used to take some time. With beta3 (cvs checkout actually) loads
almost instantly!.

I can't tell anything about slackware because this was my first
installation.

Regards,

Diego.

Re: [pgadmin-support] Just to inform sucessful

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Diego A. Gil wrote:
>>>It seems that pgadmin3 loads and runs A LOT FASTER on my
>>>notebook. Is there any known reason for that ?.
>>
>>What are the respective processors/memory?
>>

> I mean : a lot faster than previous version (post beta2) in the same
> notebook. Loading "post beta2" in my notebook (P4 2.66 ghz with 512 MB
> RAM) used to take some time. With beta3 (cvs checkout actually) loads
> almost instantly!.

This could come from --enable-mimetype=no. With mimetype enabled, on
start all mime type files are read and interpreted which might take
quite some time.

Regards,
Andreas