wx 2.5.3 success!

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Hi friends,

finally a snapshot that's working out of the box!
I got pgAdmin successfully running with the official wxGTK2.5.3 snapshot.

Two small isues:
- The xrc library has made its way into the core lib, so the linkage of
libwx_gtk2ud_xrc-2.5 must be dropped.
- When reading malformed (non-utf8) mime description system files,
asserts may be thrown. It's better to have wx compiled with
--enable-mimetype=no configured.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: wx 2.5.3 success!

From
"Dave Page"

Excellent - you say wxGTK; have you tried under Windows?

I suggest we postpone upgrading until after release (hopefully the libpq
issue will be sorted later today).

Regards, Dave

Re: wx 2.5.3 success!

From
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

> Excellent - you say wxGTK; have you tried under Windows?

Not yet, I'm investigating a gtk focus problem (which was present in the
old snapshot too) on the wxCalendarBox control (e.g. dlgUser valid until).

> I suggest we postpone upgrading until after release

I'd suggest quite the opposite, have RC1 done with that snapshot already
(unless a wx showstopper is detected). Our official release should use
3rd party versions that are as official as possible.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: wx 2.5.3 success!

From
Alexander Borkowski
Date:
> Excellent - you say wxGTK; have you tried under Windows?

I just tried under Windows XP and it builds fine (you have to copy
include/wx/setup_redirect.h to include/wx/setup.h and set
wxDIALOG_UNIT_COMPATIBILITY to 0 in include/wx/msw/setup.h).
Unfortunately, I don't have the time to give it any dedicated testing,
but I will continue to use this version during my work and will report
any problems. If you want me to try anything specific just let me know.

Cheers,

Alex

Re: wx 2.5.3 success!

From
"Dave Page"

I'm not happy with such a major change for a release candidate, but I'm
OK doing it for a beta 3 release...

Sound OK to you?

Regards, Dave

Re: wx 2.5.3 success!

From
"Dave Page"

Oh, didn't it used to be setup0.h?

> Unfortunately, I don't have the time to give it any dedicated
> testing, but I will continue to use this version during my
> work and will report any problems. If you want me to try
> anything specific just let me know.

OK, thanks Alex.

Regards, Dave

Re: wx 2.5.3 success!

From
Alexander Borkowski
Date:
[pgAdmin III with wx 2.5.3 on Windows]
>>I just tried under Windows XP and it builds fine (you have to
>>copy include/wx/setup_redirect.h to include/wx/setup.h and
>>set wxDIALOG_UNIT_COMPATIBILITY to 0 in include/wx/msw/setup.h).
>

> Oh, didn't it used to be setup0.h?

setup.h worked for me and the wx documentation (e.g. INSTALL-MSW.txt)
mentions setup0.h only if you are installing from the CVS version, which
I am not as I used the Windows installer. But maybe you are using the
CVS version? I don't know enough about wx to be able to clarify this ...

Regards,

Alex

Re: wx 2.5.3 success!

From
"Dave Page"

Yeah, normally I am using CVS. The idea of installing wx using an
installer seems quite novel to me, given the amount of time I spend
repackaging our versions of it!!

Regards, Dave

Re: wx 2.5.3 success!

From
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

Ok, sowe have a beta3. Let's update wx installation instructions (seems
we have to test cvs vs. MSI installation) and roll it.

Regards,
Andreas