Necessity of wxstd.po

From
"Serguei Mokhov"
Date:
Hello all,

I recall Jean-Michel mentioning that .po file which
is more related to wxWindows than pgAdmin... As I see
quite a few translators maintain those too within
the project tree. My question is how necessary is it
to translate this .po file (presumably it should be done
by the wxWindows team, no?). Also, where does a user
see those strings from wxstd.po? In file (and other common)
dialogs and some such?

Serguei A. Mokhov

Re: Necessity of wxstd.po

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Serguei Mokhov wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I recall Jean-Michel mentioning that .po file which
> is more related to wxWindows than pgAdmin... As I see
> quite a few translators maintain those too within
> the project tree. My question is how necessary is it
> to translate this .po file (presumably it should be done
> by the wxWindows team, no?). Also, where does a user
> see those strings from wxstd.po? In file (and other common)
> dialogs and some such?

wxstd.po/mo is copied from time to time from the wx base product
unchanged. If you can contribute, the wx community will probably be
grateful. We can't accept wxstd translations directly, as this will
confuse us.
If you did contribute to wx, and it has been committed, you might drop
us a note so we in turn update our repository.

Regards,
Andreas

PS Many of wxstd strings aren't used for pgadmin3, only some std dialog
texts.

Re: Necessity of wxstd.po

From
"Serguei Mokhov"
> > I recall Jean-Michel mentioning that .po file which
> > is more related to wxWindows than pgAdmin... As I see
> > quite a few translators maintain those too within
> > the project tree. My question is how necessary is it
> > to translate this .po file (presumably it should be done
> > by the wxWindows team, no?). Also, where does a user
> > see those strings from wxstd.po? In file (and other common)
> > dialogs and some such?
>
> wxstd.po/mo is copied from time to time from the wx base product
> unchanged. If you can contribute, the wx community will probably be
> grateful. We can't accept wxstd translations directly, as this will
> confuse us.

Thanks for the info.

> If you did contribute to wx, and it has been committed, you might drop
> us a note so we in turn update our repository.

I went to their web site and they seem to have Russian (as well as others)
translation there already for quite some time. It's only named
ru.po instead of ru_RU.po.

-s