Re: Necessity of wxstd.po - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Necessity of wxstd.po
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Serguei Mokhov wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I recall Jean-Michel mentioning that .po file which
> is more related to wxWindows than pgAdmin... As I see
> quite a few translators maintain those too within
> the project tree. My question is how necessary is it
> to translate this .po file (presumably it should be done
> by the wxWindows team, no?). Also, where does a user
> see those strings from wxstd.po? In file (and other common)
> dialogs and some such?

wxstd.po/mo is copied from time to time from the wx base product
unchanged. If you can contribute, the wx community will probably be
grateful. We can't accept wxstd translations directly, as this will
confuse us.
If you did contribute to wx, and it has been committed, you might drop
us a note so we in turn update our repository.

Regards,
Andreas

PS Many of wxstd strings aren't used for pgadmin3, only some std dialog
texts.