Re: src compilation on Win32

From
"Dave Page"

VC++ is somewhat sensitive to *nix line ends in the project files
(source files don't matter). Try opening the .dw and .dsp files in an
editor such as Scite, and save them again with crlf line ends. An
unfortunate side effect of CVS - I get the same problem with the
wxWidgets project files in their snapshots :-(

Regards, Dave

Re: src compilation on Win32

From
"Dave Page"

It's also a problem for the source tarball of course...

/D

Re: src compilation on Win32

From
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

arriage return + line feed)
>>>style. Maybe you have the same problem?
>>
>>That's happening if you checkout with unix tools. If you use e.g.
>>wincvs, everything will be fine. There's an option in the
>>underlying cvsnt for this, check it out.
>

> It's also a problem for the source tarball of course...

Then the tarball needs fixing; at least the .dsp/.dsw files.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: src compilation on Win32

From
"Dave Page"

Any ideas how? I'd suggest adding a call to unix2dos to make dist (which
is definitely Adam's territory), but that does seem to be in slackware
:-(

Regards, Dave

Re: src compilation on Win32

From
Alexander Borkowski
Dave Page wrote:

 >>Then the tarball needs fixing; at least the .dsp/.dsw files.
 >
 > Any ideas how? I'd suggest adding a call to unix2dos to make dist (which
 > is definitely Adam's territory), but that does seem to be in slackware
 > :-(

Here is what I used to fix my source tarball (on the Linux command line,
so it will work in a Makefile as well - if you escape the $ as $$):

perl -wlpi -e 's/$/\r/' pgAdmin3.ds{p,w}

Cheers,

Alex

Re: src compilation on Win32

From
Alexander Borkowski
Date:
[MSVC + line ending problems ]
>>That's happening if you checkout with unix tools. If you use e.g.
>>wincvs, everything will be fine. There's an option in the
>>underlying cvsnt for this, check it out.

Ah, thanks, I will do that.

> It's also a problem for the source tarball of course...

... which is what I have used so far.

Cheers,

Alex

Re: src compilation on Win32

From
"Dave Page"

Ahh, good old perl. I was thinking of something called by make dist, but
I added that to pkg/src/build-tarball instead.

Thanks, Dave.