Create new Table

From
"Adam H. Pendleton"
Date:

Attachment

Re: Create new Table

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Adam H. Pendleton wrote:

> When I run pgAdmin3 against my local
> postgresql server, and try and create a new table, the "data type" field
> is missing.  I've attached a screenshot to show what I mean.

Uh, that's a weird one. I'm afraid that's a wx problem. Does it look the
same for domains? What will happen if you tab-cycle through the
controls, is the type combobox skipped? My last tests of wx didn't show
any positive things, so for now we're better off with our snapshot.

> Also, is there any chance we could reduce the program's dependency on
> pgAdmin3.h?  Any time that file changes, it requires a re-compile of all
> objects that include it, which is everything.

Actually, what I'd *really* like is precompiled headers on linux too...

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Create new Table

From
Adam H.Pendleton
Date:
On Jun 7, 2004, at 6:07 PM, Andreas Pflug wrote:

> Adam H. Pendleton wrote:
>
>> When I run pgAdmin3 against my local
>> postgresql server, and try and create a new table, the "data type"
>> field
>> is missing.  I've attached a screenshot to show what I mean.
>
> Uh, that's a weird one. I'm afraid that's a wx problem. Does it look
> the same for domains? What will happen if you tab-cycle through the
> controls, is the type combobox skipped? My last tests of wx didn't
> show any positive things, so for now we're better off with our
> snapshot.

Well, I was able to get the Query Builder to run using this version of
wxWindows (though I couldn't do anything with it because there were no
tables!), so it might be worth pursuing...:-)

>> Also, is there any chance we could reduce the program's dependency on
>> pgAdmin3.h?  Any time that file changes, it requires a re-compile of
>> all
>> objects that include it, which is everything.
>

> Actually, what I'd *really* like is precompiled headers on linux too...

Hmmm, just tell me what I need to do and I'll do it.

ahp

Attachment

Re: Create new Table

From
"Dave Page"

It's currently broken on Windows though - I suspect it might be my
fault, accidently commiting long term dev code whilst actually
committing something entirely different. I need to spend some time on it
- I'm out for a bit this morning, and have a rack to recable later today
but I might find a couple of hours. If not, tomorrow...

Regards, Dave.