PostgreSQL Help documents

From
"Hiroshi Saito"
Date:
Hi Dave.

The translation of the document of 7.4 was completed
in the Japanese PostgreSQL user meeting.!:-)
http://www.postgresql.jp/document/pg74doc/html/
I think that it will do the layout of this for help of pgAdmin3.

I thinks an address that it can be referred to to be desirable from http.

Then, I make preparations toward the next show (NET&COM2004 JAPAN).
However,
It has a problem now.:-(

This document is being written with EUC_JP.
Though this is solved by the collective change in UNICODE,
a help system can't be expressed well with UNICODE.?
Doesn't wxWindows have a problem?
--->Andreas
Do you know a method?
-->Jean-Michel

regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: PostgreSQL Help documents

From
"Dave Page"

Hi Hiroshi,

> The translation of the document of 7.4 was completed in the
> Japanese PostgreSQL user meeting.!:-)
> http://www.postgresql.jp/document/pg74doc/html/
> I think that it will do the layout of this for help of pgAdmin3.

That's great. In theory we can add that to the pgAdmin source tree -
there is space for translations of docs etc. under /docs, but I guess
that could get quite large. Any other opinions?

<speaking as webmaster@postgresql.org>
Do you have the SGML source for these docs, or did you translate the
HTML? Either way, it would be good to add them to www.postgresql.org to
go alongside Peter E's German docs. Any chance of a tarball?

Regards, Dave

Re: PostgreSQL Help documents

From
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]
There shouldn't be *any* pgsql doc under pgadmin3/docs, instead we
should have a separate *.chm for pgsql docs that's seamlessly integrated
in pgadmin3.chm. Unfortunately, AFAIK the chm help class for gtk still
didn't make it into wx cvs.

Regards,
Andreas

Date:
Hiroshi Saito wrote:

>Hi Dave.
>
>The translation of the document of 7.4 was completed
>in the Japanese PostgreSQL user meeting.!:-)
>http://www.postgresql.jp/document/pg74doc/html/
>I think that it will do the layout of this for help of pgAdmin3.
>
>I thinks an address that it can be referred to to be desirable from http.
>
>Then, I make preparations toward the next show (NET&COM2004 JAPAN).
>However,
>It has a problem now.:-(
>
>This document is being written with EUC_JP.
>Though this is solved by the collective change in UNICODE,
>a help system can't be expressed well with UNICODE.?
>Doesn't wxWindows have a problem?
>--->Andreas

Apparently, the charset property is missing in the html documents, so
they don't display correctly on my machine.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: PostgreSQL Help documents

From
"Hiroshi Saito"
Date:
Hi Andreas.

From: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de>
(snip)
> >This document is being written with EUC_JP.
> >Though this is solved by the collective change in UNICODE,
> >a help system can't be expressed well with UNICODE.?
> >Doesn't wxWindows have a problem?
> >--->Andreas
> >

> Apparently, the charset property is missing in the html documents, so
> they don't display correctly on my machine.

Thank you for the confirmation.
I must still sometimes do variously...*sigh*
However,
I look forward to the trial made to solve this problem.:-)

From: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de>

> Dave Page wrote:
(snip)
> >That's great. In theory we can add that to the pgAdmin source tree -
> >there is space for translations of docs etc. under /docs, but I guess
> >that could get quite large. Any other opinions?
> >

> There shouldn't be *any* pgsql doc under pgadmin3/docs, instead we
> should have a separate *.chm for pgsql docs that's seamlessly integrated
> in pgadmin3.chm. Unfortunately, AFAIK the chm help class for gtk still
> didn't make it into wx cvs.

I hope that this document keeps being maintained in the place of the Japanese user meeting.
The user meeting of us Japan has the team to maintain this document in the latest condition.
And, various preparation is being done toward the next 7.5.
I think that a http reference helps this with the function of pgAdmin3.
The way of the offer is thought that it can be complemented variously.

regards,
Hiroshi Saito