CVS compile error

From
Adam H.Pendleton
Date:
I still get this compile error, on Mac, with the CVS HEAD from both
pgadmin3 and wxWindows:

utils/utffile.cpp: In member function `off_t wxUtfFile::Read(wxString&,
long
    long int)':
utils/utffile.cpp:85: no matching function for call to `wxMBConv::MB2WC(
    wxStringBuffer, char*&, long unsigned int)'
/usr/local/wx2/include/wx/strconv.h:46: candidates are: virtual size_t
    wxMBConv::MB2WC(wchar_t*, const char*, long unsigned int) const

ahp

Re: CVS compile error

From
"Dave Page"

Could that be something to do with the lack of Unicode support on Mac?

Regards, Dave.

Re: CVS compile error

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
Le Mercredi 8 Octobre 2003 09:06, Dave Page a écrit :
> Could that be something to do with the lack of Unicode support on Mac?

MacOsX has built-in support for Unicode. wxMac does not. It remains to be
added to wxMac according to Stefan. Cheers, Jean-Michel

Re: CVS compile error

From
"Stefan Csomor"
Date:
Hi

actually it is the other way round :

wxMac supports unicode, but the necessary w-char headers are only available
on 10.3 or when using the CodeWarrior development tools. What is needed to
make wxMac supporting unicode with the gcc toolchain is to write a
replacement for all w... functions needed in wx using the apple unicode os
functions.

Best,

Stefan

Date:
On Wednesday, Oct 8, 2003, at 05:28 US/Eastern, Stefan Csomor wrote:

> Hi
>
> actually it is the other way round :
>
> wxMac supports unicode, but the necessary w-char headers are only
> available
> on 10.3 or when using the CodeWarrior development tools. What is
> needed to
> make wxMac supporting unicode with the gcc toolchain is to write a
> replacement for all w... functions needed in wx using the apple
> unicode os
> functions.
>
> Best,
>
> Stefan

How difficult is this?  Would it be something that I could take a crack
at?  The w... functions that you are talking about, are these wxWindows
functions?  Can you point me in their direction so I can take a look at
the work involved?  Thanks for your response.

ahp

Re: CVS compile error

From
"Adam H. Pendleton"
Date:
Stefan Csomor wrote:

>Hi
>
>it is not really difficult but if you don't know the MacOS Unicode calls
>it's getting tiresome, I will try to make an assessment of the trouble
>involved in solving this for 10.2 by next week, I see we need it...

Thanks, Stefan, we really appreciate your continuing support.  Let me
know if there is anything I can do to help you.

ahp