utffile.cpp & expatd.lib

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
Hi Andreas,

I've just found myself unable to compile CVS because of problems with
utffile.h/cpp and expatd.cpp. Having temporarily removed them I can
carry on, but have you upgraded wx and added expat for some reason?

Regards, Dave.

Re: utffile.cpp & expatd.lib

From
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

>Hi Andreas,
>
>I've just found myself unable to compile CVS because of problems with
>utffile.h/cpp and expatd.cpp. Having temporarily removed them I can
>carry on, but have you upgraded wx and added expat for some reason?

utffile is in our cvs, while expatd.cpp isn't in my wx cvs snapshot
either; it compiles anyway.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: utffile.cpp & expatd.lib

From
"Dave Page"

Yes I know, but it won't compile (see below)

> while expatd.cpp isn't in my wx cvs snapshot
> either; it compiles anyway.

It's trying to link with expatd.lib which I do not have on Windows.
iirc, xrc uses a cut down version of expat, or must add a full version
to the list of prereqs?

Regards, Dave

Compiling...
utffile.cpp
c:\documents and settings\dpage\my
documents\cvs\pgadmin3\src\include\utffile.h(21) : error C2629:
unexpected 'class wxUtfFile ('
c:\documents and settings\dpage\my
documents\cvs\pgadmin3\src\include\utffile.h(21) : error C2238:
unexpected token(s) preceding ';'
c:\documents and settings\dpage\my
documents\cvs\pgadmin3\src\include\utffile.h(22) : error C2629:
unexpected 'class wxUtfFile ('
c:\documents and settings\dpage\my
documents\cvs\pgadmin3\src\include\utffile.h(22) : error C2238:
unexpected token(s) preceding ';'
c:\documents and settings\dpage\my
documents\cvs\pgadmin3\src\include\utffile.h(24) : error C2061: syntax
error : identifier 'wxFontEncoding'
c:\documents and settings\dpage\my
documents\cvs\pgadmin3\src\include\utffile.h(25) : error C2061: syntax
error : identifier 'wxFontEncoding'
c:\documents and settings\dpage\my
documents\cvs\pgadmin3\src\include\utffile.h(26) : error C2061: syntax
error : identifier 'wxFontEncoding'
c:\documents and settings\dpage\my
documents\cvs\pgadmin3\src\include\utffile.h(39) : error C2061: syntax
error : identifier 'wxFontEncoding'
c:\documents and settings\dpage\my
documents\cvs\pgadmin3\src\include\utffile.h(40) : error C2061: syntax
error : identifier 'wxFontEncoding'
c:\documents and settings\dpage\my
documents\cvs\pgadmin3\src\include\utffile.h(43) : error C2146: syntax
error : missing ';' before identifier 'm_encoding'
c:\documents and settings\dpage\my
documents\cvs\pgadmin3\src\include\utffile.h(43) : error C2501:
'wxFontEncoding' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
c:\documents and settings\dpage\my
documents\cvs\pgadmin3\src\include\utffile.h(43) : error C2501:
'm_encoding' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
c:\documents and settings\dpage\my
documents\cvs\pgadmin3\src\utils\utffile.cpp(13) : error C2146: syntax
error : missing ';' before identifier 'wxConvUTF16BE'
c:\documents and settings\dpage\my
documents\cvs\pgadmin3\src\utils\utffile.cpp(13) : error C2501:
'wxMBConvUTF16BE' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
c:\documents and settings\dpage\my
documents\cvs\pgadmin3\src\utils\utffile.cpp(13) : fatal error C1004:
unexpected end of file found
Error executing cl.exe.

Re: utffile.cpp & expatd.lib

From
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

>>while expatd.cpp isn't in my wx cvs snapshot
>>either; it compiles anyway.
>>

>It's trying to link with expatd.lib which I do not have on Windows.
>iirc, xrc uses a cut down version of expat, or must add a full version
>to the list of prereqs?

Ah I see,

I'm preparing for the next wx snapshot, and that includes expat as an
additional partial project (moved from xrc to main).
While I'll be posting many fixes to wx in the next time, mainly for font
inheritance from dialog to control, the latest snapshot wx is workable
under win32 and gtk. When I'm done, I'll announce this together with a
patch file.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: utffile.cpp & expatd.lib

From
"Dave Page"

OK. Can we keep CVS in a working state though please - I'm currently on
a 2 week break from Uni and am/was spending my normal
homework/assignment time fixing up the Query Builder and trying to do a
bunch of other stuff. Unfortunately I'm now having to hack around a
number of these changes just to get a working compile again. :-(

BTW, it looks like I will have a 6-7 week break from Uni over Christmas
this year (due to a new timetable that delays the start of one of my
modules), so should finally be able to put in a good stint of coding
again!

Regards, Dave.

Re: utffile.cpp & expatd.lib

From
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

Sorry for that, taking this huge wx step was expected to stirr things up.
Use the current wx snapshot (maybe pinned to 2003-10-01), it should work
smoothly. Seems that most of our devteam members are already using wx
cvs head anyway (at least for non-win32 development).

Regards,
Andreas

Re: utffile.cpp & expatd.lib

From
"Dave Page"

OK, I'll download it. Of course, makes it a pain to do (and test)
1.0.1....

Would appreciate a heads-up before any more major changes though please
:-)

Regards, Dave.

Re: utffile.cpp & expatd.lib

From
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]
If necessary, some wxCHECK_VERSION(2,5,1) could be introduced.

>Would appreciate a heads-up before any more major changes though please
>:-)

OK, I should have announced a bit more clearly. I thought it was clear
that a new wx snapshot is on the way.

I posted several patches to wxWindows, lets see whether they are
accepted in a reasonable time. If not, they will add to our patch
list... :-(

Regards,
Andreas