Cache for translation statistics

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
Hi Dave,

To display cache, PHP needs write access to pgadmin3 folder.

Warning:
fopen(/usr/local/www/pgadmin.postgresql.org/pgadmin3/translation.php_cache_translated.new):
failed to open stream: Permission denied in
/usr/local/www/pgadmin.postgresql.org/pgadmin3/class/pgadmin_po.php on line
22
 Cannot open file
(/usr/local/www/pgadmin.postgresql.org/pgadmin3/translation.php_cache_translated)

Snake is well-configured.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Re: Cache for translation statistics

From
"Dave Page"

That is not going to happen. Anyone who manages to get access to the
system through apache will have write access to the website.

It should write to it's own directory - maybe pgadmin3/cache so the main
area can be kept secure.

Regards, Dave.

Date:
On Wednesday 06 August 2003 23:50, Dave Page wrote:
> It should write to it's own directory - maybe pgadmin3/cache so the main
> area can be kept secure.

You are right. Done on Snake.
By the way, we received a translation of the web site preview into Indonesian.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Re: Cache for translation statistics

From
"Dave Page"

It still seems to be writing the files to the pgadmin3 directory, not
the new cache directory.

> By the way, we received a translation of the web site preview
> into Indonesian.

:-)

BTW, is there anything we can do about the font? The default Times New
Roman looks crap...

Regards, Dave.

pga3 Beta 1

From
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

>BTW, is there anything we can do about the font? The default Times New
>Roman looks crap...

Hi friends!

There are more things to be done:

- expose TODO.txt and BUGS.txt to the users, so they can be checked and
referenced for bug reporting.
- FAQ should be in CVS, with automatic update to the FAQ site.
- Announcement on postgresql.org

Regards,
Andreas

Date:
On Thursday 07 August 2003 13:11, Dave Page wrote:
> It still seems to be writing the files to the pgadmin3 directory, not
> the new cache directory.

Sorry, I did not commit to CVS and deleted my changes. Done now.

> BTW, is there anything we can do about the font? The default Times New
> Roman looks crap...

I would prefer no default font at all in CSS to let the operatings system or
the user choose his/her preffered font. Otherwise, there can be display
errors, even in Japanese (which was the case with the current stylesheet).

Where did we default Times New Roman?

Date:
Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

>On Thursday 07 August 2003 13:11, Dave Page wrote:
>

>>It still seems to be writing the files to the pgadmin3 directory, not
>>the new cache directory.
>>

>Sorry, I did not commit to CVS and deleted my changes. Done now.
>

>>BTW, is there anything we can do about the font? The default Times New
>>Roman looks crap...
>>

>I would prefer no default font at all in CSS to let the operatings system or
>the user choose his/her preffered font. Otherwise, there can be display
>errors, even in Japanese (which was the case with the current stylesheet).
>
>Where did we default Times New Roman?

Unfortunately, Times seems to be the default browser's font...
Is it possible to set the font for "usual" languages to a nice one, and
leave the font default for "odd" languages like Japanese?

Regards,
Andreas

Re: pga3 Beta 1

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
On Thursday 07 August 2003 14:04, Andreas Pflug wrote:
> - expose TODO.txt and BUGS.txt to the users, so they can be checked and
> referenced for bug reporting.
> - FAQ should be in CVS, with automatic update to the FAQ site.
> - Announcement on postgresql.org

Dear Andreas and friends,

Agreed. I added a TODO.txt file with various items:
http://snake.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/TODO.txt

I am busy at the moment and will try to close these items tonight.
It should not stop you from going beta. We can update the site later on.

Date:
On Thursday 07 August 2003 14:56, Andreas Pflug wrote:
> Unfortunately, Times seems to be the default browser's font...
> Is it possible to set the font for "usual" languages to a nice one, and
> leave the font default for "odd" languages like Japanese?

Yes, it can done easily today. We can define a group of Latin1 languages, for
which pgAdmin fonts will be used. All other languages will use the browser
defaults.

By the way, what are pgAdmin font?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Re: Cache for translation statistics

From
"Dave Page"

We didn't, IE does but it looks horrible (and therefore will to 90% of
users!).

Regards, Dave.