patch for the tips.txt translation.

From
"Hiroshi Saito"
Date:
Hi Dave.

I want to try so that it has this tips.txt seen by all.
Let's put tips.txt on each place.

any comment?

Regards,
Hiroshi-Saito

Attachment

Re: patch for the tips.txt translation.

From
"Dave Page"

Hi Hiroshi,

I've committed a different version of you code that falls back to en_US
if the localised file cannot be found. It also errors out nicely if the
English version cannot be found.

The tips.txt file itself now lives in /docs/xx_XX/. I have updated
makefiles etc, and build scripts where required.

Regards, Dave.

Re: patch for the tips.txt translation.

From
"Hiroshi Saito"
Date:
Hi Dave.

From: "Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk>
> Hi Hiroshi,
>
> I've committed a different version of you code that falls back to en_US
> if the localised file cannot be found. It also errors out nicely if the
> English version cannot be found.
>
> The tips.txt file itself now lives in /docs/xx_XX/. I have updated
> makefiles etc, and build scripts where required.

Thank you very much.!
It was so like that. docPath is a correct answer.
As for me, thinking is a little shallow.

Dear Translation team.
Though work increases, please it is good.

Regards,
Hiroshi-Saito

Re: patch for the tips.txt translation.

From
Adam H.Pendleton
Date:
On Friday, Jul 18, 2003, at 16:32 US/Eastern, Dave Page wrote:

> Hi Hiroshi,
>
> I've committed a different version of you code that falls back to en_US
> if the localised file cannot be found. It also errors out nicely if the
> English version cannot be found.
>
> The tips.txt file itself now lives in /docs/xx_XX/. I have updated
> makefiles etc, and build scripts where required.

Wouldn't translation of the tips be easier if we used embedded tips
rather than loading them from a file?  Then, rather than maintaining a
separate tips.txt for each locale, we could include the tip strings in
the .po file for each language.

ahp

Re: patch for the tips.txt translation.

From
"Dave Page"

The nice things about the tips is that they can easily be modified
locally.

Regards, Dave.