Data migration plugin and mssql6

From
Brage Førland
Date:
The Database Migration Wizard does not work for MS SQL Server < 7 because of
the query used to identify autoincrement columns.

The problem is the dependence on the 'sysindexes' relation to indentify
indexes, which do not exists in versions prior to 7.0. The join to
sysindexes is AFAIK superfluous and can be removed. The attaced patch is
works with MSSQL 6.5, but have not been tested on MSSQL 7.0 (but should
work).

BTW, you might want to add a note to the CVS web interface that the tarball
is not directy usable by Visal Studio, because it chokes on the unix text
format in the checked out files.

   -Brage

Attachment

Re: Data migration plugin and mssql6

From
"Dave Page"

Thanks, patch applied to CVS.

> BTW, you might want to add a note to the CVS web interface
> that the tarball is not directy usable by Visal Studio,
> because it chokes on the unix text format in the checked out files.

Hmm, odd - it works fine here with a fresh tarball opened by VB6, SP5...

How did you unpack it?

Regards, Dave.

Date:
On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 11:52:43AM -0000, Dave Page wrote:

> > BTW, you might want to add a note to the CVS web interface
> > that the tarball is not directy usable by Visal Studio,
> > because it chokes on the unix text format in the checked out files.
>
> Hmm, odd - it works fine here with a fresh tarball opened by VB6, SP5...

> How did you unpack it?

Winrar or unix rar. For each file Visual studio (6.0 SP5, running on NT4)
tries to open it gives an error message and makes a log file like this:

'0' could not be loaded
Line 0: The file \\DIONYSOS\brage\pgadmin2\frmIndex.frm could not be loaded.

I have to convert the files to dos format (LF -> CRLF) before they can be
opened.

    -Brage

Re: Data migration plugin and mssql6

From
"Dave Page"

Try using Winzip, it works fine for me then.

Regards, Dave.