Re: Red Hat to support PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vivek Khera
Subject Re: Red Hat to support PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general

>> ...This is not the same in my book, since I don't care
>> to run RHL in any kind of production environment...

GB> "just work"? If you have a good argument, then I certainly don't want
GB> to run an inferior distribution - I accept that the fact that I
GB> haven't discovered the shortcomings over the last few years doesn't

You assume I intend to run Linux at all...  This is not the case.  But
that is *my* decision based on many years of system administration at
both large and small sites.  My decision obviously is not the same as
yours, nor should it be unless you have my same experiences.

Since *my* decision is not to run RHL (or any L) in production, the
fact that RedHat supports PostgreSQL on RHL is of little consequence
to me, and is not the same as RedHat offering commercial support for
PostgreSQL.  They are not offering such support as far as I can read.

Internet: khera@kciLink.com       Rockville, MD       +1-240-453-8497
AIM: vivekkhera Y!: vivek_khera   http://www.khera.org/~vivek/