Re: Re: Red Hat to support PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gordan Bobic
Subject Re: Re: Red Hat to support PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
> ...This is not the same in my book, since I don't care
> to run RHL in any kind of production environment...

No idea what you're talking about. I've been running RH 24/7 in
various places for various tasks, including routers, and production
servers, and I've never had a problem. I've been running it since RH
5.0. Stability is not an issue, because it's Linux. Security is also
not an issue if you configure your system properly and follow and read
security and other advisories from the RH site and other security
related sites. RH are usually reasonably good with keeping reasonably
up to date with patches and updates.

Please, tell us all of your experiences to the contrary. Were they
caused by slapping on a default installation and hoping that it would
"just work"? If you have a good argument, then I certainly don't want
to run an inferior distribution - I accept that the fact that I
haven't discovered the shortcomings over the last few years doesn't
mean that they are not there...

Regards.

Gordan