Re: Repeated messages (was Re: Suggested improvement : Adjust SEQUENCES) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Roderick A. Anderson
Subject Re: Repeated messages (was Re: Suggested improvement : Adjust SEQUENCES)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> Anyone have an idea about an automatic solution that wouldn't take any
> extra admin time?  Maybe, when someone subscribes, automatically drop
> any pending messages from that person in the approval queue?  That'd
> eliminate this kind of duplication, but I'm not sure what the downside
> might be, or how much work it'd be to set up.  (For "drop" read "return
> to sender", anyway...)

If the list can be subscribed to bounce the message or drop in /dev/null
with a message they must be subscribed to the list.

Call it tough love!

Rod
--
                 Remove the word 'try' from your vocabulary ...
                     Don't try.  Do it or don't do it ...

                                                            Don Aslett