Re: Opening database with PGACCESS - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Eric Marsden
Subject Re: Opening database with PGACCESS
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
 rod> "Error connecting database. Connection to database failed rod> connectDB() failed: Is the postmaster running and
acceptingrod> TCP/IP (with -i) connections at 'localhost' on port '5432'" rod>  rod> The postmaster is running and I
canconnect to mydb using "psql":

 oe> pgaccess uses a TCP/IP connection through localhost, so you have oe> to use the -i option when starting the
postmaster,even though oe> you have no other machines connecting to it.

well, there's a trick to get around that. If you provide an empty host
name and port number in the pgaccess connection dialog, it will switch
to a unix socket connection, and will work even without `-i'.

Has worked for me in the past, anyway.

--
Eric Marsden
It's elephants all the way down