Re: Function Vanished - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Function Vanished
Date
List pgsql-sql
Tom,

> Ick.  Were you maybe working on it inside a transaction that you
> forgot
> to commit?

Nope.  Friday was debugging work; the function had already been saved as
a buggy version.  I can even find the last buggy call to the function,
on Friday, in the logs.

I do have a copy of the buggy version, but if I can get the debugged
version back ...

> Should still be there in the table, if you haven't vacuumed.  Getting
> it out again is another story though.  If it was a small enough
> function,
> good ol' "strings" would do to extract the function body, which is
> probably all that you really need.  But if it's more than a couple K
> then the text will be compressed and difficult to spot or extract.

Can you explain that?  I think that the text may be short entough to be
uncompressed.

-Josh Berkus