Re: Help with timeouts - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Help with timeouts
Date
List pgsql-php
Papp,

> So is there anything you forgot to mention ;)
> I mean everything works fine except this query or you couldn't test
> the page
> without the result.

Nope.  Just waitin' for the query.

There's a couple of things that make us believe it's the browser:

1. The timeout message on Konqueror is a dialog box, not a web page.
2. Sometimes (we think) the query returns in just under 60 seconds (it's
been clocked from the command line at 55) and it takes a few more
seconds for the server to generate the HTML.  The browser still times
out.

> Have you tried to optimize this query?
> Maybe post to this list and wait for some suggestions...

It's a procedure, actually, with about 16 steps.  It's likely that we'll
break it down into 3-4 sub procedures for "progress reporting" purposes.
This will slow down the process overall but prevent browser timeouts.

-Josh

                                       Josh Berkus
  Complete information technology      josh@agliodbs.com