Re: don't allow walsender to consume superuser_reserved_connection slots, or during shutdown - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: don't allow walsender to consume superuser_reserved_connection slots, or during shutdown
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 11:01 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Here's the fine patch.  The actual code changes are simple and seem to
>> work as expected, but I struggled a bit with the phrasing of the
>> messages.  Feel free to suggest improvements.
>
> Stick with the original wording?  I don't really see a need to change it.

How about?:

if ((!am_superuser || am_walsender) &&ReservedBackends > 0 &&!HaveNFreeProcs(ReservedBackends))
{if (am_walsender)    ereport(FATAL,        (errcode(ERRCODE_TOO_MANY_CONNECTIONS),         errmsg("remaining
connectionslots are reserved for
non-replication superuser connections")));else    ereport(FATAL,        (errcode(ERRCODE_TOO_MANY_CONNECTIONS),
errmsg("connectionlimit exceeded for non-superusers")));
}

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao