Re: extended operator classes vs. type interfaces - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: extended operator classes vs. type interfaces
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2010-04-16 at 23:18 -0700, Scott Bailey wrote:
> Well I've been doing a lot of work with range abstract data types in
> Oracle lately. And I've got to say that the OO features in Oracle make
> it really nice. Of course its Oracle, so its like a half baked OO in
> cobol syntax, lol. But I for one think it would be great if Postgres had
>   object data types that had methods and could be subclassed.

That's interesting. I think the most critical piece of that is
"subclassing" in the sense of a type interface.

There have already been a couple threads about type interfaces:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-10/msg01403.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-04/msg00443.php

Regards,Jeff Davis