Re: need help on postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: need help on postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5 May 2010 08:28, raha sadeghi <raha.sadeghi@gmail.com> wrote:
hi,
i am  a student , and for my final project i have to work with postgresql ; my project subject is data warehousing & data mining, so i  need to define cube; create dimention table & fact table & ...
i had active cube in template1; i mean i run cube.sql and there are cube functions in my databases but i don't know how to create cube!!!
please help me  and explain me how to do these kind of things step by step!!

With Best Regards

--
Raha Sadeghi

PostgreSQL doesn't currently support CUBE (not to be confused with the cube contrib module).  You may be able to implement what you are trying to achieve by using common table expressions: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/queries-with.html  This is only available in PostgreSQL 8.4 onward.

Regards

Thom