Re: relocatable binary distribution - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jim Wilson
Subject Re: relocatable binary distribution
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane said:

> "Jim Wilson" <jimw@kelcomaine.com> writes:
> > It seems like you could handle all the above with just a shell script wrapper.
> >  All three, the library path, socket directory, and data directory can be
> > specified either in environment or on the command line.  Where are you getting
> > stuck?
>
> No, we only handle two of the three; library directory is currently
> hard-coded into the server.  At the moment that's seeming like a
> mistake.  I wonder why it's not a GUC variable (probably postmaster-only
> for security).  Peter, do you recall why you didn't migrate that setting
> into GUC?

Hmmm...I'm not sure what you mean.  Is GUC a postgres thing?  In any case, on
the linux boxes here the libraries that the postgres executable uses seem to
be standard system libraries loaded by the dynamic linker which can be
configured from an environment variable.

Best regards,

Jim Wilson