Re: relocatable binary distribution - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: relocatable binary distribution
Date
Re: relocatable binary distribution
List pgsql-general
"Jim Wilson" <jimw@kelcomaine.com> writes:
> It seems like you could handle all the above with just a shell script wrapper.
>  All three, the library path, socket directory, and data directory can be
> specified either in environment or on the command line.  Where are you getting
> stuck?

No, we only handle two of the three; library directory is currently
hard-coded into the server.  At the moment that's seeming like a
mistake.  I wonder why it's not a GUC variable (probably postmaster-only
for security).  Peter, do you recall why you didn't migrate that setting
into GUC?

            regards, tom lane