database design with timestamp - Mailing list pgsql-general

From TJ
Subject database design with timestamp
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm new to database models, so thanks in advance!

The database server is on the west coast, and this task is performed by a
field technician on the east coast...

TASK 1: (note- and overlaps a dst change at 1:30am)
START : 2002-10-27 01:00-04  (05:00-GMT)
END   : 2002-10-27 02:00-05  (07:00-GMT)

Postgres is cool - it stored them in GMT, and shows the offset based on the
timezone in which I sit, which makes sense to me being physically here, but
when I print a report for the manager on the EAST coast, its not going to
make sense to them.

TASK 1 :
START : 2002-10-26 22:00-07
END   : 2002-10-27 00:00-07
DURATION:          02:00

I think I need to somehow display these timestamps back into their timezone
of origin...so as to be more intuitive for the managers.

Some direction or an example solution would be great.
Thanks,
TJ