Re: Can't import databases with pg_dump. Why? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Antonio G. - Geotronix
Subject Re: Can't import databases with pg_dump. Why?
Date
List pgsql-general
"Antonio G. - Geotronix" <nightnavigator@libero.it> writes:

>> Hi.
>>
>> I'm trying to import some databases I had on redhat 7.2 (think it had
>> postgressql-7.1.x series but not sure) to my new Debian woody
>> installation (postgresql 7.2.1-2woody2). I created a database called
>> 'famiglia' under the postgres user. Then, always by postgres user i
>> did:
>>
>> gaia:/etc/postgresql$ pg_dump famiglia <
>> /mnt/redhat/home/postgres_postgres \
>> /famiglia.dump

>Ummm....  You don't use pg_dump to restore.
>
>-Doug

Hi.

I'm sorry to bother you in private but I'm not recieving the ML posts
for some reason and even though I've written to the ML owner he/she
hasn't still repied for some reason. So I read via web and send via
email client :-)

In your reply you told me that I'm not using pg_dump to restore. But as
you can see in my previus message I am using pg_dump :-)

>> gaia:/etc/postgresql$ pg_dump famiglia <
>> /mnt/redhat/home/postgres_postgres \
>> /famiglia.dump

Bye