Re:Why not set builder->next_phase_at=InvalidTransactionId in SnapBuildRestore function? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From zxwsbg
Subject Re:Why not set builder->next_phase_at=InvalidTransactionId in SnapBuildRestore function?
Date
List pgsql-general

I don't know what happened, but an image seems to be better.
From: "zxwsbg" <zxwsbg@qq.com>;
Date: Thu, Nov 24, 2022 04:01 PM
To: "pgsql-general"<pgsql-general@postgresql.org>;
Subject: Why not set builder->next_phase_at=InvalidTransactionId in SnapBuildRestore function?

Last email has some problem, I resend one.

In PG14 or higher version, I notice that SnapBuildRestore function don't set builder->next_phase_at=InvalidTransactionId .

But in SnapBuildSerialize function, the assert check this condition.

Assert(builder->next_phase_at == InvalidTransactionId);

I'd like to know is this right?

Thanks.

Attachment