can I use privileged user operate pg, and how? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject can I use privileged user operate pg, and how?
Date
List pgsql-general
hi all,

The routine of using pg is first adding unprivileged user group and user, starting pg via the new user.

For the safety software and the safety rule of my company.It is not easy to add a unprivileged user to operate pg.

Can I have a way to change the restriction of the unprivileged user of pg, I want to start pg with root user.if does, how?

Additionally, I want to know Y pg should be operate with unprivileged user, and the risk when  privileged user operate pg?

Thank very much!