Re: can I use privileged user operate pg, and how? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: can I use privileged user operate pg, and how?
Date
List pgsql-general
枫 wrote:
> The routine of using pg is first adding unprivileged user group and user, starting pg via the new user.
>
> For the safety software and the safety rule of my company.It is not easy to add a unprivileged user to operate pg.
>
> Can I have a way to change the restriction of the unprivileged user of pg, I want to start pg with root user.if does,
how?

> Additionally, I want to know Y pg should be operate with unprivileged user, and the risk when  privileged user
operatepg?

Are you saying that the security policy of your company forces you to
run software as root rather than as an ordinary user?

If yes, you should get rid of the people who came up with
that policy.

PostgreSQL must be run as a normal user for security reasons, namely
to limit the negative effects of software bugs and user attacks.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe