Re: Problem migrating dump to latest CVS snapshot. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From jdassen@cistron.nl (J.H.M. Dassen (Ray))
Subject Re: Problem migrating dump to latest CVS snapshot.
Date
List pgsql-general
Gunnar R|nning <gunnar@candleweb.no> wrote:
>All the data was imported OK except for the data in one table where I got
>the following message on import :
>
>ERROR:  copy: line 154391, Bad timestamp external representation '2000-10-24 15:14:60.00+02'
>PQendcopy: resetting connection

Looks like the "ISO" datestyle to me.

>I get exactly the same error trying to import into a 7.0.2 database on my
>laptop as well, so I guess the problem might have been around for a while.

You'll need to set the default PGDATESTYLE to ISO prior to importing.
(I don't recall what the proper way to do this is, but it's definitely
documented).

HTH,
Ray
--
Where do you want to go today?

Confutatis maledictis, flammis acribus addictis.