Re: Problem migrating dump to latest CVS snapshot. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem migrating dump to latest CVS snapshot.
Date
List pgsql-general
Gunnar R|nning <gunnar@candleweb.no> writes:
> ERROR:  copy: line 154391, Bad timestamp external representation '2000-10-24 15:14:60.00+02'

I'll venture it doesn't like the "60" for seconds.

> The production platform creating the dump file is Solaris 7 on an Ultra
> Sparc, while the laptop I'm importing the file on is Redhat Linux 6.1 on an
> x86 processor.

Seems Mandrake Linux is not the only platform where roundoff behavior is
less IEEE-perfect than Thomas would like it to be.  Perhaps we need a
slightly more robust approach to controlling roundoff error.

            regards, tom lane