[GENERAL] Re: Installation problem on Suse linux 6.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karl Eichwalder
Subject [GENERAL] Re: Installation problem on Suse linux 6.3
Date
List pgsql-general
Wim Ceulemans <wim.ceulemans@nice.be> writes:

|   I can't seem to install the latest postgresql opn Suse linux 6.3 (kernel
|   2.2.13, glibc 2.1.2). I always get the following message when I run
|   ./configure :
|
|   checking for c++... c++
|   checking wheather the C++ compiler (C++  ) works... no
|   configure: error: installation or configuration problem': C++ compiler
|   cannot create executables.

Please check, whether "libgpp" from serie "d" is installed:

    rpm -q libgpp

Of cource, you'll also need the package "gpp".

--
                                             work    :        ke@suse.de
Karl Eichwalder                              home    : ke@gnu.franken.de